Monday, January 28, 2013

New Book Idea!

On Sunday, while looking through old papers and journals, I found a bizarre idea I'd quickly jotted down and forgotten.  It's a very bizarre, Vonnegut-like idea that requires absolute suspension of disbelief, but I think it might work!  It has to do with sound editing, so obviously I've had years of experiences I can bring into play while writing this.  I banged out the first chapter and lots of notes, and am getting new ideas all the time.  It would be a novella or an extended short story for Kindle.

I don't even want to say what the idea is, because the title would give it all away.  I'd also like to get my friend Greg to design a really catchy book cover.

Besides Vonnegut, the closest works that might resemble this idea are Wag The Dog or Being John Malkovich. The trick will be plowing ahead with the story and creating believable characters so that you don't have time to ponder the fact that the story could never happen.  And though the central idea is kind of creepy, I want to offset that aspect with lots of character-driven humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment