Friday, August 14, 2020

Dunning-Kruger CDs!

On Tuesday, August 11, my shipment of Dunning-Kruger CDs arrived! I was anxious to get them and start mailing. This project felt overdue: I'd finished all my own parts several weeks back, but was waiting on a guitar solo from Chris Assells and final artwork from Greg Gierowski before I could print. I'd always envisioned mid-August as my release date, though, so everything worked out fine.

For some reason, I'm really feeling a surge of postpartum depression on this project. The day the CDs were to arrive, all I could do was putter around the house, doing little chores here and there. When the box came at around 2:30, most of my mailers and letters were already printed, and I stuffed envelopes like crazy so I could get to the post office.

With the slowdown of mail - something I've already experienced as an Amazon reseller - even the excitement of finally shipping this album was tempered by fears that some of these packets would wind up in the trash. It's not impossible: a box with 15 copies of my previous CD which I handed to a postal clerk disappeared without a trace, even with tracking!

But ultimately it's hard for anything to rain too heavily on my parade. I'm overjoyed to have this album printed and out in the world, and can't wait to hear what people think. 

The next album - a double guitar instrumental CD - is already 70% complete (thanks, COVID!) so I'm taking a little breather and catching up on family pictures, letters, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment