Friday, February 1, 2013

Busy Working!

For the first time in a long, long while, Soundelux is actually HOPPIN'.  Seems like everybody is here; everybody has a job; there are more jobs than people; and nobody is trying to steal anybody else's gig.

Knock wood, it appears that I may not be laid off until after April, and then only for a short time!  This is such a relief since I basically ran through every extra cent we owned just getting through last year.

BOURNE and SKYFALL were great jobs, but for me they were relatively short; and when my pals flew off to London for a month of double-secret overtime, I had to scramble for table scraps (and there were NOT many!) I really thought that DJANGO UNCHAINED was going to use me for a couple weeks, but Quentin cut the film way down and there were plenty of editors to finish without me.

Anyway, it feels good not to be so damned worried every minute of the day!

Work on the Secret Book has stopped for now, because my friend Phil Morrill has unloaded most of his CD and DVD collection into my greedy arms.  Phil is getting ready to move again and he's tired of lugging that stuff around, especially when it's all digitized or can be streamed.

For me, it has provided a nice jolt of Amazon income - he'd already given me one huge box of stuff, and yesterday he delivered 5 additional grocery bags-full. Barely an hour after I started listing, I'd already sold a Simpsons box set, and by this morning I'd sold 4 titles out of this new shipment. And no, he didn't want anything in return.  But when I can, I'll be doing something nice for Phil.

Anyway, I'll probably spend most of Saturday listing CDs.

No comments:

Post a Comment