Tuesday, May 21, 2013

It was THUS

Let me paint the scene...

A Soundelux invite-only screening of the latest Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, hosted by its mixer, Acadamy-award-winning Mike Minkler (his parents were also best friends with my parents, but that's another story.)

Todd AO-Glen Glenn, stage 1, one of the best mixing studios in Hollywood. Massive Screen, state of the art speakers & surrounds. Chilled beer and wine.

Just me, Sharon, and about 10 of my work friends (no Chris; he never does ANYTHING.)

Mike says: "Do you want it loud, or EXTRA loud?"

Extra!!

Then came a show so big, so sharp, and so real, that I actually clapped a couple times by accident.

And the big headliners? RUSH!  Wiping the stage with three cuts from MOVING PICTURES.  The entire R&R HOF became a sea of Rushian  SUPER FANS.

Your humble reporter was in ecstacy, and filled with mean, mean pride.


No comments:

Post a Comment