Friday, May 3, 2013

Dino's 50 Interview in Gajoob

Wow - I'd done an interview with Bryan Baker of Gajoob a while back after the release of DINO'S 50, and though it was slated for print, I just found it online!

Here's how it ends:


Tell me about the response to the album. What do you take from that?


The response to 50 has been very gratifying. Everybody loves the cover art, and it was chosen as Project of the Week at Furnace, where they took a really nice "glamour" shot for their online catalogue. Lots of people commented on the guitar parts, which is also nice to hear since I did spend a lot of time trying different chord formations, and tried playing with a certain amount of economy so that the guitar tracks were not simply aping each other (another point Don Campau likes to harp on!) People seem to appreciate the personal, humorous, and upbeat nature of the songs.

I've had a few comments about the lightweight lyrics, which is a byproduct of my quest to Stick To The Demos. In the future I will probably spend more time on that aspect, but at the same time I'm not Leonard Cohen or Bob Dylan so that's never gonna change a whole lot!
Sharon was thrilled with how the CD turned out, and though she and I went through a rough phase with all our moving, she was never anything but totally supportive of the project, which is why I'm so thrilled to have her picture on the back cover with me. In fact, that photo has become one of our favorites and we had it printed on a canvas frame for our home.

http://www.gajoob.net/album.php?p=3825

No comments:

Post a Comment