Tuesday, April 22, 2014

So, Like, Retirement...

















So, like, retirement is not THAT far off for me. It's exciting, but really scary.

Obviously, after retirement comes… death?

But if you're lucky, you can stretch out that final act for quite some time. Given my genes, and assuming I can stay out of the path of errant vehicles (or not fall and break my hip), I have an excellent shot at some enjoyable free time in my final third.

However, when I do a mental exercise - as in: pretend Monday is retirement! - I get freaked out really fast.

Given my age and my accrued hours, I could definitely retire early, but you take a big financial hit, so I don't think it's in the cards even if I wanted to opt out sooner.

But what if I were able to  collect as much as I could RIGHT NOW?  I still don't think I could do it yet.

Turns out, I still like coming in and slaving away on somebody else's shitty movie!

I still like the challenges, and I still like the feeling of a job well done!

My dream is to continue collecting and selling vinyl in my retirement, maybe even get back into toy trains, drink, look at sunsets, travel with Sharon... Make more music, make more CDs… make a record?

But sadly, that Siren Call must not be heeded. Not quite yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment